15 phút học tiếng anh mỗi ngày – Day 18
How can a plant kill?
People kill. Animals kill. Animals and people kill for food, or they kill their enemies. People and animals can move around and find something to kill. They can run away from an enemy. They can kill it if it is necessary.
Many kinds of animals eat plants. The plants cannot run away from their enemies. Some plants make poison. If an animal eats part of the plant, it gets sick or dies. Animals learn to stay away from these plants. There are many kinds of plants that make poison. Most of them grow in the desert or in the tropics.
Today farmers use many kinds of poison on their farms. Most of these poisons come from petroleum, but petroleum is expensive. Scientists collect poisonous plants and study them. Maybe farmers can use cheap poison from plants instead of expensive poison from petroleum.
Enemy (n): kẻ thù
Poison (n): chất độc
Tropics : vùng nhiệt đới
Petroleum (n): dầu mỏ
1. Why do people and animals kill?
2. What do some plants make?
3.What happens to an animal that eats this poison?
4. Where do most poisonous plants grow?
5. Why do farmers use poison on their farms?
6.Where do most poisons come from?
- Animals and people kill their ………… .
- ………… cannot move around.
- ………… use many kinds of poisons.
- Scientists ………… poisonouns plants.
b.run away from
- Poison from plants is ………… than poison from petroleum.
- They kill for food or they kill their enemies.
- It gets sick or dies
- in the desert and tropics
- to kill animals that eat their plants and to kill plants that they don’t want petroleum